lunes, 1 de noviembre de 2010

Kusturica and Miyazaki

One time I was reading one text by Slavok Sizek about culture serbia and the multiculturalism. There appeared one movie that Sizek analyzed: "Underground", by Emir Kusturica. I start my search about this film director and I found "The Time of the Gypsies". It was the more great and fantastic movie that I watched.

This movie told the story about a gypsy family from Yugoslavia, full of magical powers, which occupy a series to address social problems living belong to one of the poorest areas of the site. Like never I´ve seen, this movie entertained me much and with it I learned that the movies were my thing, especially Kusturica´s films. It was there that I realized that all the movies that there are great achievements, but the art film, it was my passion.

I have my check list of movies that I like it. My first five are: Citizen Kane, Cinema Paradiso, Where is my friend house, Wall-E and The Time of the Gypsies.

However, the films I like are those who talk about culture, identity, things that do not appear in all movies. For example, Europe and Latin America are that I like the way of demonstrating this issue. Join this, one a good movie must work with good colors, pictures and good details.

Between the Asian movies, I like Chihiro, Naucika, Porco Rosso, Ponyo, Totoro and The Mononoke Princess. They are animations by Hayao Miyazaki, my other favorite film director.
Kusturica and Miyazaki could associate, because
together, they will work miracles.

But, althought I don´t think that have bad movies, there films that I don´t like. The terror movies, demoniac and gore movies, don´t like me. I preffer other films that show good stories and not blood. Inside of good movies, they are the so bad movies... You know!!



"Time of the Gypsies" Trailer-1988

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario