miércoles, 3 de noviembre de 2010

Few, but good!!

The enviromentally friendly practices aren´t so relevant for me. But, like a few Chilean boys, I try to protect my world. And I say few, because I think there aren´t enough instances where people can learn these practices.

If the Chilean people want to learn about it, they must read newpapers, watch specialized TV shows, listen to the radio and, principally, research by Internet. It´s very difficult, almost impossible, to find these practices in schools, because I believe that we need a change of perspective about the situation. For example, there are few universities where they teach us ways to improve the environment.

I had incorporated recycling in my habits. I try to use just one bag when I go shopping or buy something, I occupy twice or many times anything that I can use. In my family, my mom fixes utensils to prevent throwing them away before the time. Also, for not contaminating, in Santiago I live near the university, so always I walk to come to class. In Los Andes, I do the same, more there, because it is a little city. My parents too. When we can, we use the bike.

Althought I want to help the environment, I am not a member of eco-organizations. I think that if someone wants to join these causes, they should join with responsability and not half way. Also, I don´t believe them. Don´t ask me why, but I believe that people can do something very important about environment without being part of these organizations.

More than plantings trees or belong to eco-organizations, I would like to propose forms to environmental care. Always we see how the people burn forests and kill animals, even ourselves throw away garbage in the streets and nobody does anything!! There is where we must put our hands and change the world.

However, to reduce my carbon footprint, I walk, I turn off the light when I don´t use it, I try not to contaminate. But, our society and, specially, Santiago, need to learn more about it. For that, I request that all channels and
the government turn this issue into a national issue.

1 comentario:

  1. Hi Pablo!

    Chileans also think that we should learn more about caring for the environment.

    Greetings!

    ResponderEliminar